If you noticed my lack of participation in blogging/leaving comments, it's because I've been busy on vacation. Actually it wasn't that busy at all, but we had to drive to the park pavilion and pay money whenever we wanted to get on the Internet. We went camping, but in style. We had the best handicap spot, closest to the water and with the most space. We had a lot of stuff and a lot of people, so we needed it. At night, Sarah and David slept in the bed, Leah slept in the bathroom area in her pack-n-play, Grandma Lois slept on the table, Adam's dad aka Pops slept on the couch, his mom on the kitchen floor on an air mattress (she knows the advantage to sleeping alone on an air mattress) and Adam and I on another air mattress on the kitchen floor; oh, and we had Walter too. He slept in the little tiny, maybe 3sq. ft. of floor space that was not covered up with luggage or sleeping people. We had a couple days were there were pretty good waves. We went one day to a beach that you had to cross the channel to get to the other side of the pier where the waves were not so big and messy. Not a big deal, the channel is maybe 5yards wide. On the way back, some guy thought we were trespassing on his private beach, even though there is a law that says no one owns the water or the land up to the 100 year water mark. So because he was so drunk and rude, and threatening to call the police, we were forced to swim back to the other side of the beach by swimming around the pier. It was probably a mile worth of swimming. It was miserable because we all had stuff with us, including my cell phone because we needed it to get in touch the friends that were meeting us. I had to swim with it in my mouth. There were 4 of us and 6 boards, so the two guys had to paddle on one, and pull the other strapped to their ankle with the leash. I had to ditch my towel because it was such a dead weight. It was OK when it was all over though, because we had a really good day surfing some really good waves and there was a photographer there from National Geographic*, taking pictures of us because I guess not very many people know you can surf in MI. And...I found $20 bucks on the beach. My not so lucky, lucky day. My cell phone rang once while I was paddling, and my arms hurt SO bad that I sat up on the board to rest and answered the phone. It was Adam's mom, I didn't want to explain the predicament we were in, because she would have worried, but she worried anyways because a big wave was headed my way and I was like...um...I'll call you right back, then she said "no, wait, I wanna say something quick" and I said...."I really gotta go, I'll call you in 15" and hung up on her just before the wave came. My cell phone allowed calls when we got back despite how wet it got in my mouth from the splashing waves and slobber; but it's not working anymore, so those of you who tried to call me, I won't be able to answer. Call Adam's phone if you need me. Wish I had time to say more, but if I want to get this posted at all, I better do it now.
These pictures are not from the day we had to swim around the pier. We thankully did not take our camera's with us that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Sounds like a great vacation. That surfing thing scares me, though.
That's all you wrote about? You gotta write more about the camping and the boat and the beach, etc...!!!
Whate a fun vacation. I am afraid of surfing. Everytime my boys wanted to go...well...I would tell them to watch out for sharks.
Guess you'll be getting a new cell phone. Too bad they don't make them slobber proof....lol.
Hey there! Know wonder Walter loves you soo much....He isn't the only one who drools or slobbers. lol =D So glad you get to get out and have sooo much fun! Looks like lots of fun. I have always wanted to surf and sky dive. I'll tell you though. In my life there is always an adventure. Between my five children, land-lady, and child-care...oh and the man that stocks me in the cut off shorts, half shirt, and no teeth....I think I might just have as much excitement as you....heeheehee Wish I had your # to call. But, well it doesn't work any way...Hi Francie, Cecelia, and Shannon
That's my kind of camping!
I can't believe you swam with your phone in your mouth. HA! That's hilarious. :-)
hey Cathy...they don't have sharks in the great lakes...you knew that right? :)
Natalie,
Yea I knew that....but my boys go surfing down south in the ocean.
I am afraid to go in any water where I can't see the bottom.
well, the surfing sounds kind of fun -- but, that many people staying in one small camper...not so much!
Sounds fun, not the sleeping arrangements or the swimming a mile part or ruining your cell phone... well that's really all you told us about, but I'm sure it was fun!
Leah is super cute.
yeah, Leah IS cute, she keeps asking about cute Tony. When is she going to see her next?
I'd never have been able to sleep with wall-to-wall people but that's the only child in me. Hope no one snored.
Having to swim a mile with a cell phone in my mouth would not be pleasant. Swimming a mile is quite a feat. I did it many, many years ago as a camper but would just die now.
Post a Comment